Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Ipods, pc, boomboxes and things

As I survey my students what they got for Christmas, I see that most of them got things that I never got when I was a kid. Many if not most got some type of ipod, or mp3 player, others asked and got TVs for their bedroom, still others got their wish by getting boom boxes, wow, I have not heard those things for some time. Actually its been a while since I've used a boom box.
No, I never got any of that. It seems that most things that kids get, specially those of the high school age has to be some type of electronic device.
However, I have joined some of the hoopla. I got one of those i-river mp3 players with 20 or more gigabyte, enough to store all the classic rock, blues and jazz favorites that I have collected over the years. Its great. It even connects to FM stations so I can find my classic rock station. well, there are two, but one plays stupid songs. jack FM is nothing but someones mp3 collection played by a computer. anyhow, electronic devices is the wave of the foreseeable future.
And it fits my lessons in my physics class that I teach, since we are now studying electricity and magnetism, which makes all this stuff possible.

No comments: