Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Piano Night!!!!

I love to play the piano. I am not very good at it yet, but I find it so much easier than the guitar. I've tried to teach myself the guitar for many years, and I've taken several guitar courses, but I always felt that I am not very proficient with it. I still love guitar music, particularly blues. There is nothing like hearing Hendrix play his red house blues on his stratocaster. But ever since I got me a piano I have managed to make so much more progress with it than I ever did with the guitar. It has its own appeal that is so different from the guitar. In class tonight I had to play a simple little piece of "over the rainbow", not a very long version, but enough to show some F sharps and a couple of chords, but I managed to impress my teacher so much she wanted to do a duet. That's when things went sour for me. I could not hear her part, therefore I could not keep time with her playing. Finally I told her maybe I was not quite ready for that as yet, but I did appreciate the gesture. Now, if I can just get the hang of the "Can Can".. I just can't see to get it..;)..



No comments: